Successfully developing and marketing products in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries requires connecting the different fields of (clinical) research, intellectual property and regulations, among others. Our specialised Life Sciences team provides you with in-depth knowledge of how these fields are interrelated and how you can maximise your legal and tax position.
Knowledge of (clinical) research, intellectual property, tax planning, regulatory compliance and pricing issues is crucial when developing and marketing products in the pharmaceutical, (private and public) biotech and med tech industry. To be successful, a helicopter view is required on how these topics interrelate and how they can positively influence one another.
Specialised Life Sciences Team
Our specialised Life Sciences team provides you with that knowledge by combining tax and law expertise, enriched with deep understanding of your market. Our team consists of attorneys at law, tax advisers and civil law notaries who have extensive experience in all legal and tax areas relevant to pharmaceutical companies and life science companies. The team brings together experts in the following areas: commercial, corporate, tax, regulatory, intellectual property, competition, data protection, and employment.
Capitalise on business opportunities
By combining knowledge of the market, tax, law and of how all these elements are interrelated, we can provide you with sound advice in a proactive and pragmatic manner. This allows you to capitalize on business opportunities.
We offer you a wide range of expertise on:
- Regulatory issues (e.g. marketing authorisation, DMFs, GMP compliance and manufacturing licences) as well as pricing and reimbursement;
- Negotiating and drafting agreements such as clinical trial agreements, licensing agreements, supply and distribution agreements;
- Advertising, marketing and product liability (litigation and insurance);
- Competition and anti-trust regulations (EU competition rules on distribution, prohibition of abuse of a dominant position, parallel trade, interaction between the EU competition rules and IP rights, merger control);
- Corporate and tax structuring as well as mergers & acquisitions and funding; and transfer pricing, customs and VAT.
MarcoToniAttorney at law Partner
Marco Toni is a partner of our office in Zurich. He focuses on domestic and international M&A transactions, private equity, corporate governance and general corporate, stock exchange and capital markets laws.T: +41 43 434 67 15 M: +41 79 557 62 15 E: email@example.com