Peter Callens is a partner in the Corporate and M&A Practice Group in Belgium. He has extensive experience in national and international corporate transactions and post-transaction dispute resolution and is recognised for his expertise worldwide.
About Peter Callens
Peter’s focus is on M&A and private equity investments in various economic sectors, including insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, utilities and ICT. He also represents clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings, often in post-M&A or shareholder disputes. He is regularly appointed as an arbitrator in national and international disputes. Peter is mentioned as leading lawyer by Chambers & Partners Global & Europe, The Legal 500 EMEA, IFLR 1000 and Best Lawyers guide (2017).
- Brussels Bar, 1986 (vice-president)
- Chairman of the Belgian-Dutch Society (BENEV) in Brussels
- Specialisation degree in Banking Law, Università degli Studi di Siena (Italy), 1982
- Master's Degree in Law, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 1981
- Bachelor's Degree, Université de Namur (Belgium), 1978